All British, Commonwealth and Foreign items are accepted and each item must be accompanied by a separate completed 'Application for Certificate' form. These forms are available from the secretary, or can be downloaded from the Society's website (www.rpsl.limited). Pre-adhesive and other postal history items are accepted at the discretion of the Chairman. All items are submitted only on the basis that the submitter accepts our conditions, including our limitation of liability.
Please ensure submissions are received as early as possible prior to meeting date so that working papers can be prepared and the items checked against the Committee's records. Closing dates for receipt of submissions vary according to how many items have already been received.
To facilitate more efficient handling items can only be accepted when each item is sent with a completed submission form.
Please note there is a maximum number of 30 items per submitter per meeting. Also if you are submitting to the Committee for the first time, it is recommended that you submit only one or two items to ensure knowledge of and satisfaction with our process.
Approximately four weeks from the date of the Committee Meeting are needed to complete the processing. If further consultations are required, this period may be extended.
Return will be as soon as practical after the meeting. A pro-forma invoice will be sent for fees due other than to regular users of the service. Overseas applicants are encouraged to pay by Credit Card where possible. Items will be returned by Special Delivery (UK only) or International Signed For Post once payment has been received. Please let the secretary know if you wish return to be made by some other method, e.g. courier. Certificate results are not disclosed prior to their return to the submitter
ALL STAMPS SUBMITTED TO THE EXPERT COMMITTEE ARE ACCEPTED ENTIRELY AT THE SENDERS’ RISK
Conditions on which stamps are received for examination:
Every reasonable care is taken of items sent in for examination, but they are accepted only on the basis that you have accepted our conditions.
- The Committee shall be at liberty at their sole discretion to forward any items received by them to any expert (whether residing in Great Britain or abroad) for examination.
- The Company and its employees shall not be in any way liable to the owners or any other person interested for loss or damage to the item(s).
- The Company and its employees shall not be liable to the owners or any other person interested for any consequential loss, however arising.
- The liability of the Company is limited to the amount paid for the submission of the item.
- Items will be photocopied, photographed and may be subject to Ultra-Violet and/or Infra-Red light during examination.
- In these conditions the singular shall include the plural, the masculine gender shall include the feminine, and any reference to a person shall include a corporation, firm, or two or more individuals of either sex.